Service-level benchmarking and standards
Assessing how your hospitality services are performing today, planning for tomorrow.
Many organizations realize that their in-house hospitality operations aren’t performing at the level they should be, but either haven’t taken the time to pinpoint problem areas or don’t have the resources or necessary expertise. That’s where Vendalytics comes in.
We begin by meeting with you to discuss the objectives of your hospitality services. Specifically, we want to understand your objectives, what the services are exactly, who’s delivering them, how and to whom.
We then seek out accurate service performance data. Service data breaks down into both general data (e.g., how many guests, patients or visitors you’re serving; how many vehicles are being parked; the number of concierge requests; shuttle routes and ridership; how many frontline team members and managers are staffed for each shift; how much revenue you’re collecting, if any; how many “comps” are being given out and by whom, etc.), as well as performance data (e.g., customer feedback surveys; mystery shopper results, Yelp reviews, etc.).
To have a viable sample size, the right amount of data needs to be collected. In the case of mystery shoppers, we will work with you to define what the mystery shoppers need to look for and the frequency with which they will “shop.”
Customer Feedback Planning
Who better to ask how you’re performing than your customers?
Along with collecting data from third-party mystery shoppers, we help you solicit feedback from actual users. There are many different ways to collect this data—from QR code surveys, to email surveys, to online surveys (where customers provide information in exchange for a chance to win a prize), to one-on-one phone surveys. In the end, we want to know if your services are meeting their needs—and why or why not.
Often through conducting customer surveys we learn that while your services may be good, they may not be what your customers are interested in. For example, you could be investing a lot of money to provide “white glove” type service when your customers would actually prefer speed or an amenity program (such as free water on a hot day, stickers for their kids, etc.).
Oftentimes customer data is just a mouse click away.
Today, people share their outstanding (and not-so-outstanding) service experiences at sites such as Yelp, TripAdvisor and Google Plus. And while this information is readily available, we have found that 9 out of 10 properties don’t collect data from these social media sites—nor do they leverage them to either promote themselves when customers have great things to say or use them to improve their service recovery efforts when reviews are less than stellar. Vendalytics helps you mine these important customer reviews and address them proactively.
Once we have an accurate assessment on how your services are performing today, the exciting work begins—finding the most cost-effective (and quickest) way to make them outstanding in the future.
Reaching tomorrow’s goals
Our “teach you how to fish” approach to improving in-house hospitality services is both efficient and cost effective.
Partnered with Vendalytics—even with limited resources and limited exposure to hospitality best practices—you can now enjoy unlimited success with your in-house hospitality services. We do this by teaching you the hospitality industry’s best approaches to improving service (from both a delivery and financial perspective).
Areas we would consult with you to improve include:
- Transforming your recruiting methods by instituting behavioral interviews and psychological profiling so you can begin hiring employees with a born disposition toward service
- Implementing better screening methods to ensure you are not hiring illegal aliens, unsafe drivers or those with criminal records—as well as yearly checks moving forward
- Setting the right wages so you can attract dependable and motivated employees
- Implementing service delivery best practices so you can offer more personalized and friendly service, while reducing wait times
- Optimizing your “comp” program (for facilities that collect revenue) to keep more dollars in house
- Establishing the right pricing (for facilities that collect revenue) to ensure you’re not losing customers to competitors or charging too little
- Identifying financial and legal risk areas and putting best practices in place to mitigate those risks
- Reporting on KPIs (key performance indicators) so you can track your team’s success each month
- Improving RFP planning and implementation, so any new services, equipment, uniforms or other business purchases are more cost effective
- Implementing a better maintenance program to reduce costs, improve safety
- Improving wait times with better traffic flow strategies
- Enhancing the customer experience with unique amenity programs
Whether you contract our services to provide you with an in-house service audit and best practice coaching—or you would like to have an ongoing consulting arrangement where we define KPIs and then jointly manage those until we get to your desired service performance levels—Vendalytics looks forward to helping you succeed.
Curious to know how we’ve helped other in-house operations like yours reach their goals? Contact us today—we’d be happy to tell you all about it.